Expand your career opportunities by increasing your understanding of the law.
The University of Utah Master of Legal Studies program offers a cutting-edge curriculum that immerses students in the law, helps them understand the intricacies of the U.S. legal system, and situates them for career advancement.
Our MLS program uses a cohort system, so students progress together and form lasting relationships with each other.
The online program also lasts one year (three semesters). Students will be registered for set courses each semester, but the course work can be done at the student’s own pace.
Tuition and Financial Information
Information will be forthcoming
The MLS program does not require a standardized test score (GRE, GMAT, MAT, LSAT) to apply.
- Business and IP in the Modern Economy
- Comparative Legal Studies
- Contracts in the Modern Economy
- Conflict and Legal Crisis Management
- Criminal Law for MLS Students
- Government, Private Property, and Land Use
- Labor and Employment
- Lawsuits and Litigation
- Legal Research and Writing for Non-Lawyers
- Procuring and Managing Legal Services
- The Regulatory System
- Understanding Cases, Statutes, and Legislation
The MLS degree does not qualify graduates to sit for the bar exam or to practice law. Credits taken toward the MLS degree cannot be transferred to a JD degree.