Expand your career opportunities by increasing your understanding of the law.
The University of Utah Master of Legal Studies program offers a cutting-edge curriculum that immerses students in the law, helps them understand the intricacies of the U.S. legal system, and situates them for career advancement.
Our MLS program uses a cohort system, so students progress together and form lasting relationships with each other.
Designed for working professionals, courses run every other weekend (Fridays and Saturdays) from August through August. Students complete the program in a single year.
For students interested in a specific area of law, the program includes the flexibility to replace courses from the standard MLS curriculum with law school offerings.
The MLS program does not require a standardized test score (GRE, GMAT, MAT, LSAT) to apply.
- Business and IP in the Modern Economy
- Comparative Legal Studies
- Contracts in the Modern Economy
- Conflict and Legal Crisis Management
- Criminal Law for MLS Students
- Government, Private Property, and Land Use
- Labor and Employment
- Lawsuits and Litigation
- Legal Research and Writing for Non-Lawyers
- Procuring and Managing Legal Services
- The Regulatory System
- Understanding Cases, Statutes, and Legislation
JOIN A TOP 30 PUBLIC LAW SCHOOL:
- Network of mentors and resources in the legal community
- No standardized test score required
COME VISIT US:
Schedule a tour of the College of Law and learn more about the Master of Legal Studies program.
SCHEDULE A TOUR
The MLS degree does not qualify graduates to sit for the bar exam or to practice law. Credits taken toward the MLS degree cannot be transferred to a JD degree.